The following behaviors are examples of what will not be tolerated in the ENACFIRE community.
· Flaming - posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another user.
· Trolling - posting derogatory or inflammatory comments/threads attempting to bait other users into responding. Accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling.
· Personal attacks - posts that insult a poster directly. This includes any attacks against community moderators, ENACFIRE representatives, or employees.
This list is non-exhaustive. ANY behavior that is patently offensive is also forbidden.
Do not haze new posters
New members should feel welcome to post their questions, no matter how well-informed. Do not harass them for asking questions or treat them poorly for not knowing an answer. Remember, we were all new once! Please welcome them to our boards and help them find the information they are looking for.
Requests for assistance
If you're having a problem and need direct assistance from staff, please contact ENACFIRE Customer Service via customer support email. Typically customer service will respond to your inquiry within two business days from the time the inquiry is sent. If after two days you do not receive a response or are not happy with the response you received, you may post a message in the community detailing the problem.
Do not post personal information
Please respect the privacy of others. Do not give out or re-post ANYONE'S personal information such as names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, etc. This applies to your own information and that of other users, ENACFIRE employees, family members, etc.
Do not post private communications
This includes conversations between ENACFIRE Customer Support, community members, moderators, employees, or partners of ENACFIRE on these communities or any other site.
Publicizing any private correspondence such as support tickets, email, Private Message (PM) correspondence, or chat logs is not permitted without prior permission.
Do not discuss moderator actions on the community
If you do not agree with a moderator's decision, you may send a private message to the moderator or community administrator. You may NOT start a thread or post complaining that your post was removed. Nor may you post private correspondence from moderators, such as infraction or warning notices. Questions or comments concerning warnings and suspensions (site or community) should be conveyed through e-mail or private messaging.
Do not make non-constructive posts
Below are examples of prohibited non-constructive posts:
· Spam - repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other community users. The solicitation or advertisement of content, goods, services, or information not found or published on ENACFIRE is considered "spam" and not allowed anywhere in our community.
· Bumping - posting on threads in order to keep them near the top of the community list. Commenting on obsolete or old topics with the intent to bump them into a discussion is also prohibited.
· Hijacking - Try to keep all replies to a thread on the topic at hand. Posting's which are intentionally off-topic or try to sway the discussion completely or partially off-topic is generally considered rude.
· Advertising - ENACFIRE prohibits the posting of advertising links, images, or content for the purpose of self-promotion outside of the Book Announcement and Promotion category. Hijacking or creating a new thread for the purpose of solicitation or advertising of content or any posts which could be interpreted as a solicitation, including the promotion of content published on ENACFIRE.com, are prohibited outside of their relevant community.
· Lobbying - continually bringing up the same topic in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in existing threads to get a developers’ attention.
· Cross-posting - Posting the same topic or thread on the community is considered cross-posting. As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established by using the Search feature.
· "I'm quitting" threads.
· Signing - posts that contain only the text "/signed" or "+1" to show agreement with the previous post. These are discouraged, as they do not engender constructive discussion.
· You're not allowed to create more than 3 ENACFIRE Community accounts with the same IP address. otherwise those accounts will be treated as invalid accounts by our system.
· Data Mining/Harvesting & Employing Bots - using the ENACFIRE community as a means to acquire private information from other community members through any methods.
· False obituary threads
· Threads that make threats or use other combative languages.
· Threads that single out a user for ridicule.
· Conspiracy Threads - claims or complaints about ENACFIRE or any of its employees acting in collusion with or showing favoritism to a group, author, or community member.
NEVER: Impersonate another community user, moderator, community administrator, or ENACFIRE employee.
You are prohibited from impersonating anyone, including those named above, on the community or the ENACFIRE site.
Do not post disruptive off-topic threads
These communities are for and about ENACFIRE. We do, however, allow non-disruptive off-topic discussion in our community as fitting with the community of posters who frequent them. Constructive discussion about other sites (comparing and contrasting) is allowed at the discretion of ENACFIRE. Likewise, any topics (such as politics or religion) that are volatile or disruptive are discouraged and can be removed at our discretion. Please contact a moderator if you have questions about a topic being permitted in the community.
Post your comments in the most relevant posts
While at times it's not always clear where to post your comments, do your best to post to the most appropriate posts. Do not duplicate your comments under the same post.
Do not post advertisements for other companies
Advertising of any kind for other companies in these communities is strictly prohibited.
Do not use proxy posting or account hopping to evade suspension
Posting on behalf of a suspended user is not allowed. Working around a suspension through other people's accounts, the creation of new accounts, or the use of secondary accounts to continue posting is also prohibited. You are personally responsible for your conduct on the community. If you create a new account to continue posting after your account has been suspended, any community and accounts involved can be permanently banned. Community and site suspensions generally apply to a person, rather than a specific account. Threads designed to announce, appeal or contest a community or site suspension decision on behalf of a third party will also be removed without notice. If you do not understand why you were suspended or have further questions, you must contact support.
Do not post "Legal Action" or "Boycott" threads
Using the community or Private Messages for encouraging, promoting, endorsing, or inciting any kind of legal action, reporting, or boycott endeavor against anyone is strictly prohibited.
Do not post sensitive or confidential information
This includes any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) or beta testing agreement. Any information about ENACFIRE or a third party covered by an NDA or Beta Testing Agreement that is posted will be removed. Posters of the information may be banned from all ENACFIRE Services and may face legal action.
You may post images on the community as long as they are of an appropriate and non-offensive nature and do not otherwise infringe the intellectual property rights of any party. The following images (or links pointing to such images) are examples that may not be posted:
· any image which is sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, derogatory, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, contains profanity, or depicts illegal activity.
· Any image that is disruptive or, in ENACFIRE's sole discretion, appears to be in poor taste will be removed and your community account may be banned.
Zero Tolerance Policy
Immediate suspensions from the community can result from any of the following: the posting of pornography; remarks which are sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; or vulgar which discuss or illustrate illegal activity; provide links to sites that contain any of the aforementioned.